Create Shanina Shaik’s Oscars look
Using Mr. Smith, stylist Michael Silva created Australian model Shanina Shaik’s Diana Ross inspired pony for the Vanity Fair Oscars after party. Here’s his step-by-step guide to create the look yourself.
1. Apply a small amount of Mr. Smith’s The Foundation to damp hair and brush through.
2. Layer in Mr. Smith Mousse from roots to ends, then work one pump of Mr. Smith Serum through the ends.
3. Blow dry the hair with a round brush.
4. Starting at the nape of the neck, section the hair horizontally and curl with a ½ inch curling iron. Once curled, spray the entire head with Mr. Smith Hairspray and heat with a diffuser to set.
5. Once cooled, comb out curls, then using a paddle brush, brush the hair into a ponytail.
6. To increase fullness, backcomb the bottom layer of the ponytail then cover it with the curls.
7. Use the Mr. Smith Crème at the hairline, smoothing back to the base of the ponytail.
8. Finish by working Mr. Smith Serum throughout the ponytail, making sure not to break the curls.